This tutorial will walk you through the steps required to set up a new email account in Microsoft Outlook 2013 and higher.
Please note that the examples provided here are written for Outlook 2013. If you have a differrent version you can still follow this as a general guide but some options may appear differently. If you require further assistance please contact support.
Open Outlook, click the File menu select select the "+ Add account" button.
Select "Manual setup or additional server types".
Select "POP or IMAP" and click "Next >".
Enter your account details. Fill each field as follows:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you would like your correspondents to see it.
- Email Address: Enter your full email address (for example only: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: "mail.lightdrive.com.au".
- Outgoing mail server: "mail.lightdrive.com.au".
- User Name : Enter your full email address (for example only: email@example.com).
- Password: Password as supplied.
Important: if you are unsure of your password do not keep trying different passwords, this will casue your account to be temporarily blocked. Please contact support to request a password reset).
Leave all other settings the same and click "More Settings..." button to continue.
Change the description to something easy to identify (eg. "Work Email").
Click the "Outgoing Server" tab, select the checkboxes "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
Click the "Advanced" tab enter and enter the information below.
- Incoming server(IMAP): 993
- Select: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 or 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
Leave all other settings the same and click "OK".
Click "OK" then "Next >". This will test incoming/outgoing server for email and finish setting up the account in Outlook.
Note: If you recieve an error stating that "the security certificate cannot be verified", this is normal behaviour. Click the "Yes" or "OK" button to continue using the server.
You’ve now configured your Outlook for your email account.
If you still experiencing problems accessing mail, please contact support for further assistance.