This tutorial will walk you through the steps required to set up a new email account in Microsoft Outlook 2013 and higher.
Please note that the examples provided here are written for Outlook 2013. If you have a different version you can still follow this as a general guide but some options may appear differently. If you require further assistance please contact support.
- Open Outlook, click the File menu select select the + Add account button.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types.
- Select POP or IMAP and click Next >.
- Enter your account details. Fill each field as follows:
• Your Name: Enter your name as you would like your correspondents to see it.
• Email Address: Enter your full email address (for example only: email@example.com).
• Account Type: IMAP.
• Incoming server: mail.lightdrive.com.au.
• Outgoing server: mail.lightdrive.com.au.
• User Name: Enter your full email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Password: Password as supplied.
Important: if you are unsure of your password do not keep trying, this will cause your account to be temporarily blocked. Please reset your password or contact support to request a password reset.
- Leave all other settings the same and click More Settings... button to continue.
- Change the description to something easy to identify (eg. "Work Email").
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, select the checkboxes My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab enter and enter the information below:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
• Select: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
• Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
• Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
• Leave all other settings the same and click OK.
• Click OK then Next >. This will test incoming/outgoing server for email and complete the Outlook account setup.
If you need further assistance please contact support.